Looking for Harrow Diamond peach tree

I am having some difficulty finding someone to sell me a Harrow Diamond. Do any of you have a source? I found a couple in Canada, but they will not ship to the U.S.

1 Like

It might be spring until you got it but Starks does sell it Harrow Diamond Peach - Peach Trees - Stark Bro’s
There are other nurseries
Harrow Diamond - Edible Landscaping

Thanks Clark. Their website says they are out of stock, but maybe that is not the case. Adam’s County showed several varieties out of stock on their website, but when I called, I was able to order.

1 Like

@SpokanePeach
Kevin,
Excellent ! I’m glad to hear that it sounds like a good peach. @Olpea grows them 2016 peach variety observations and Mark knows his peaches! Let us know how it does for you please! I’m curious if it is actually brown rot and canker resistant because those are big problems here Variety Display - Peach Variety Evaluation - Clemson University Horticulture

Hi Clark,

You probably noticed my opinion on Harrow Diamond has gone down over the last couple years. The one Harrow Diamond tree I reported on in 2016 was on K1 roots, but the ones on seedling roots aren’t near as good. Earlystar which ripens about the same time is much better tastewise, but maybe not quite as winter hardy as Harrow Diamond.

Even the one on K1 I plan to cut down this year. That rootstock is simply not suited to my conditions. It lacks too much vigor. This year it hardly put on any growth at all compared to other peach trees it’s age, and it didn’t produce much fruit this season. I plan to keep the other Harrow Diamond peach trees (on seedling roots) but would like to eventually replace them with Earlystar.

1 Like

Call Edible Landscaping, I think it was available earlier in the season on there web site. There website does not always reflect there inventory and they will ship now.

http://ediblelandscaping.com

1 Like

Thanks Spud!

Thanks Mark.
I have been trialing different varieties one at a time and since it takes several years to trial one, my progress is painfully slow. I would just plant a whole lot of trees at once, but my wife still wants the backyard to look like a backyard. So I have been trying them one at a time. I need to dramatically speed this process up. So… I have a plan. I will attempt to trial a lot of varieties by grafting. That way, if one is not that great, I can just eliminate that branch instead of pulling a tree out and replanting. Although most winters here are not too bad, every once in a while we get a rough one. I am selecting cold hardy “base trees” to graft to. Harrow Diamond seems to have a rock solid reputation for cold hardiness. I plan to make it the base tree for my early (-21) peaches to which I graft Rich May, Earlystar, and Spring Snow. Based on what I have been able to research, of the four, Rich May is probably my long shot, but I figure I can give it a try with very little downside if I have a few ringers on that tree from the get go.

2 Likes