Maine Apricot progress

Here is a picture of my apricots today. With the rain we have had the last two days the fruit has swelled up nicely. Way ahead of where they were last year!! The tree is loaded this year as well. I hope for a good crop.

9 Likes

I can’t get the link to work on my laptop. But that’s awesome! I’m so jealous, and I’m in the south, lol! No apricots for me this year.

1 Like

Linky no worky.

The link should work now.

I should have some pictures soon of my apricot set as well. Mine are a few days behind yours. Amazing year for tree fruit set so far. Go Maine Apricots!

What varieties are you Mainers growing? I was happy mine survived the winter and last season’s transplantation, no bloom or fruit yet…

This will be the first Spring for my apricot trees - they were planted this past Fall - Zone 6a just outside of Portland, ME. Night temps have been pretty consistent / not freezing but I am still worried that the buds are at risk since there’s still the possibility for low 20’s at night. Does anyone have tried + true methods for protecting their buds? I’ve done plenty of googling but would love to have the advice of another human who can tell me for sure they’ve had success (or maybe that’s too much to ask!)

1 Like