Manzano peppers?

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Thinking about trying these out but would like to know which ones are the hottest to the least hot and if each type has different flavors and such.

Getting ready in another 2 weeks to start my Hab seeds.Cant wait. @thepodpiper. Thanks again!

1 Like

One thing I noticed in my climate (hot dry Cali) the habaneros took forever to actually set and hold fruit. They only started to really produce late August. Do you think it’s because my 90° full sun days are too much?

I do not think that was the case because chinense species like hot days and full sun. Now nightime temps can cause blossom drop if they are to high.

1 Like

I still have seeds from you, plus some pepper plants are still growing from last summer, they are growing in my workshop.

Not a problem here. What makes us a top wine growing region (similar to Napa) is the very hot dry days, followed by cool overnight lows of upper 50’s - low 60’s. Strange they struggled so much I’m my yard. On a side note, they have not completely defoliated yet, and I might get a second season out of this “annual”

1 Like

Peppers are perennials in warmer zones.

3 Likes

Hi, @thepodpiper podpiper! Any chance you’re still around and willing to send some manzano seeds? Of course, I can cover the postage. Not sure if I am allowed to PM yet as a new user. Thanks!

Hey, not sure how to pm but I’d love some seeds