Members photos on Growingfruit

I think we all agree with you, well at least I do! I also don’t care my wife makes more, I’m glad she does, more for me to spend, as we are a team. My wife is an awesome mother, and a great cook too! She used to do all the cooking, then i realized I was asking a lot of her, and took over at least half the cooking! I made cod in a garlic and caper sauce last night. One of my standard dishes. The sauce is Grape seed oil, butter, capers, garlic (from my garden!), in a white wine base. I use a local Michigan Riesling wine. Very mild, I like it a lot for cooking. You use the oil to sauté the fish slightly to flavor the sauce. Remove fish, add wine reduce by half, add other ingredients and finish cooking fish in it.

2 Likes

Gee, I was trying to turn a generalization into something universal. But I can see how it could come off as offensive to suggest a certain cultural difference can alter what people find attractive if you don’t accept the premise of the cultural difference. My mistake- I was speaking about cultures I know little about.

There are many features that tend to be attractive in all cultures and wealth is one of them… Duh… It doesn’t mean I’d consider leaving my wife for one of my billionaire clients.

1 Like

Had to do a double take on that Drew, I read she was bald. LOL

1 Like

Adorable little ones. I love the expression on your babies face in the last picture! :smile:

So, just an observation, but, are those home sewn, reusable cloth diapers with velcro attachments hanging on the line? Just asking because my daughter in law and I want to sew some up for my next grandchild.

Don’t mean to get off topic.

Me and my new “family”! Since I’m divorced with no kids, its as close as I can get right now.
Now…if I can just get Scott to figure out what the problem is on this website that is causing that gray-looking color on top of my head? Very suspicious. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t there yesterday! Anyone else have similar problems with their photos (or mirrors!) haha

12 Likes

I learn something here every day. I grew up thinking that Tennessee was a state. Now I see from your photo that it’s just a small city. :wink:

I’ve found that the best wrinkle reducer/hair coloring modifier is simply to remove my glasses. That magically reduces my age by a good 15 years, and goes a long way toward making everything around me look cleaner, too.

Some say that dogs and their owners begin to look alike over time. Maybe your hair is going to eventually match his coat. THAT would be interesting. :smile:

Kidding aside, it’s nice to see you and your new family.

4 Likes

Well my hair is half gray, and my dog is half white! Once I develop cataracts I’ll probably match his eyes too! I do have green eyes, and hate sunglasses yet outside all the time. i see lens replacement surgery in my future!

We both love swimming too!

6 Likes

Drew, great choice in a dog breed! Here are my three boys:

9 Likes

Wow, nice looking dogs! I should have bought at least one more. Jesse is lonely sometimes. He does get to play with a pug and a pit bull when my daughter or son come over. We spent the weekend at my son’s place up north a couple weeks ago. Jesse played all day with Tiger the Pitbull. he is a great Pitbull, has never shown aggression in any way. Won’t attack dogs that bite him etc. Funny to watch Jesse out maneuver the muscle bound pitbull. Jesse is younger, that helps!
At my cottage he has all kinds of doggy friends too, although it is closed for the winter now.

1 Like

One more on the way due to arrive in April! We’re on instagram too, and post family/gardening/facepaint/henna/art photos = @dmaysoon

11 Likes

Lovely little family, and very appropriate pics for sharing here! I love seeing kids’ smiling faces as they eat fruit. And I couldn’t help but smile at the hat you are wearing in the final pic.

1 Like

Pictures of my girls in the orchard!

25 Likes

we’ve seen countless beautiful photos here and all are special, but that last one is just ridiculously cute. I’m usually the last one to go in for such things, but that, my friend, is an award winner that should be the cover of a fruit-related publication.

1 Like

I agree. She is so completely precious. I just love the expression on her face! What a little peanut.

1 Like

9 Likes

Me and my better three.

2 Likes

Great photos, everyone!
Hunting season explains my color scheme, tongue wag was ordered by my 6 year old photographer!

10 Likes

My Someone here thought that by “better three” you meant the fish. :frowning: In defense, we’ve had so much rain the past month and a half that there have been very few days good enough for getting out onto the water. I think there is a touch of wishing for fishing going on.
You’ve got a nice looking crew there.

When was the second pic taken? Is the adorable one home yet? I won’t hazard a guess on whether the cutie is a he or a she. Those hospital blankets use the same color scheme for both.

Jesse, balancing up in a tree is the perfect setting and pose for a pic.

The fish was this year. The whole trip was quiet we got back into the harbor and caught those stripers within an hour. That was ten years ago, my daughter was a preemie baby by three months so she was in the hospital for months.