Moon Drop grapes

All of my big grapes planting in guyot style. I use like normal two sholders, everything around 1 meter above the ground. Every year i cut down all one year old wood and leave only 1-2 buds. Reasults are fine. Jose, may I ask you something about grape Moon Drop? There is variety, what is normally easy buy in Spain? Or you know somebody, who have a one small peace of wood and send my? Of course I send back variety, what I have.
Jaro

Hi, Tony.
I will try to explain it to you as easily as possible.

First of all, it is the choice of the pattern depending on the variety of grape to be grafted and the soil conditions.
For sure success, I recommend grafting these three rootstocks.

• 140 Ruggeri (for soils with a very high pH)

• 1103 Paulsen (with moderate pH)

• 110 Richter (this is an all-rounder that fits everything)

All for sale in this nursery, and in many other nurseries in the United States.

https://www.yalumbanursery.com/rootList

The most suitable grafting system for grapes is "cleft graft ", and it is done about 10 to 15 centimeters (4 to 6 inches) from the ground.

It is absolutely indistinct, graft on the ground or in a pot.

Now comes the important thing.

After grafting, a bamboo stake should be placed on each plant.

Like these

And put a protective tube like these

protectores-olivos-protectores-vinedo-protector-agricola-forestal-tubo-protecto-3291180z0-00000067

The protective tubes create a totally favorable microclimate inside for a good sprouting of the vines.
If a protector is not placed, the young leaves (shoots) of the vines are very sensitive to the sun, so without the protector the shoots dry out and the graft is not successful.

These are the advantages of using protective tube
Translate this website

Although it seems silly, the success of the grafting of the grapes lies in the protective tube .

The vines should never be rooted (in Europe it is absolutely forbidden) since if it is not grafted on a suitable rootstock, the distribution of the Phylloxera (Daktulosphaira vitifoliae) that devastated the vines throughout Europe is encouraged.

Rooting vines is very bad practice

Regars
Jose

2 Likes

Please share your knowledge with our forum
of grape grafting. I am most fond wines from burgundy. Our boutique vineyards produce superb wines. Thank you Jose!

Boar? A favorite!!!

Mrs. Gibson this recipe is from a population that belongs more to the Provence region, but is very close to Languedoc-Rousillon, I mean the city of Marseille and a gastronomic recipe worthy of the gods
I mean the “pieds et paquets”, this recipe accompanied by a good red wine from your region and after that, welcome is the death hahahahahahaha.

This lady prepares them impressively well.

Regarding the grafting of the vineyard, an image is worth a thousand words, and since I have bought 100 rootstocks 140-Ruggeri , to graft on them seedless grapes in the month of March, I will do a photo report, and I will explain it in detail.
It is the best for everyone, for learn the little details .

Regards
Jose

2 Likes

J’adore.

Mrs. Gibson, in the regions of Castilla y Leon, and Castilla La Mancha in Spain we really like to eat “casqueria” (liver, legs, stomach, ears, kidneys, etc …, both lamb , veal ,and pork, and there are really delicious recipes such as callos a la Madrileña, or veal snouts in sauce.
In France (especially in the South), you also like to eat these types of products, which are delicious, but it is very likely that North Americans do not understand this type of gastronomy very well.
They are really delicious dishes, and if they are accompanied by a good red wine, it is a “whim of the gods”.

Imagine a good duck or goose foie gras accompanied by a good white Sauternes, this is the Non Plus Ultra hahahahahaha

Regards
Jose

1 Like

I like all of it! I watched the video of the woman making paquets et pieds. Bistro du Paradou in Paradou, France make the best , to me. Very good!

D you know the name of the green ones?Ive never seen them.