Muscadine tips dying

Some of my tips have turned brown and died on a lot of my muscadines. I have to go out every day and smash aphids with my fingertips I figured that might be better than just spraying them but could the aphids be killing these tips? In one of the photos it looks like something might be munching down on the stem? I bought this spray to maybe help against disease and insects would this be good to spray on the first year muscadine tips? I do have some browning on my leaves as well. It’s been in the low 90s and we’ve had a lot of rain, and when it doesn’t rain I’ve been trying to water them every day with about a 2 gallons of water.

Neem oil can burn the tender leaves and shoots if it is hot out. So try to use it on cooler days, ideally spraying in the evening so it has cooled down. If it is just aphids, you can use a sprayer with plain water with the nozzle set to a hard stream and just blast them off a few times a day. You can also use a jet of water from your hose, but for targeting a small area I like the sprayer.

I have ants working aphids all the time on the tips of my muscadines, but they seem okay with just the occasional blast of water to clean them off.

2 Likes