Muscadines, air layer or root cuttings

I have read articles and watched videos on rooting cuttings and air layering on muscadines. I have also attempted to germinate seeds but I have failed at each of them. I have over 10 vines growing. Youngest vines are 3 yrs old. I am having trouble finding the Southern Home vine to purchase so I have been attempting to propagate with no success.
Would anyone that has had success propagating vines offer any advise?

I understand muscadines are difficult to root. This paper is for more typical Vitis Vinifera.

But in a nut shell 2000mg/liter of NAA 1-naphthaleneacetic acid improves rooting rate to 100% for Vinifera

And 250mg/liter of Cytokin BA, benzyladenineor Ki, kinetin improve callus formation of grafts.

these airlayer pods might help your atempts
Amazon.com : IDOXE Root Growing Box Black Tree Rooter Ball, Updated Plant Rooting Ball Air Propagation, Reusable Root Propagator, High Pressure Grafting Kit Ball Plant Rooting Device for Trees Flowers (6Packs) : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Effects of auxins and cytokinins on graft union of grapevine Vitis vinifera.pdf (2.4 MB)

I air layered one fairly easily just by taking one of the shoots that came off the main stem and laying it on the ground and putting a rock on it. At the end of the season I cut it off and dug it up. There were plenty of roots.

There are definitely more complicated ways to do it that you could try, but I didn’t really need the extra and just felt like experimenting.

Thank you. Maybe I am not giving it enough time. Patience is not my forte’

Airlayer around mid June. Cut them off after first frost. Cuttings also roots at a much lower success rate.

Air layering usually involved putting a shoot in a bag with some growing medium. Muscadines don’t need anything that fancy. Drop a few vigorous runners on the ground and put a shovel of dirt on in 3 or 4 places about 2 feet apart. The vine will root each place it is covered with dirt. You can easily make 30 or 40 new plants in a few weeks.

When? Mid June works very well. Leave the runners to grow roots until they lose leaves in the fall, then dig the rooted plants in January or February.

Thank you

I am just too early.
Thank you.

Thank you