Picture from Facebook, words of wisdom added by me

7 Likes

This was always my favorite squirrel.

3 Likes

2 Likes

:wink:

TNHunter

8 Likes

love me some squirrel gravy over homemade biscuits! saw my 1st gray squirrel ever in town a mile from here this fall running across the road and not far from 4 seasons park where a bunch of us have been planting red oak seedlings and acorns for nearly 10 years now. some are 15ft. now . there are hundreds planted and growing up on that ridge in town. how old do red oak have to be to bear acorns? i hope they take off and become a huntable population. you know the saying ‘’ where you see 1 there’s 10’'. :wink:

2 Likes

omg YES!!! My grandmother used to also make squirrel dumplings. SOOO good!

I make a great hunter’s stew with squirrel (and any other meat I have around including rabbit).

I always feel a little better about taking out one of these orchard enemies if I don’t let the meat go to waste.

my mentality exactly! Dad taught us when you can, if you have to take a animals life ,respect that animal enough to use it it in some way either by eating it or burying it in the ground/ compost pile to give it back to from whence it came.

1 Like

This was my favorite rabbit of the year… young female… delicious.

Yep… she and some friends wiped out my fall greens. Pay back…

3 Likes

@poncirusguy you crack me up AGAIN! That would be like me getting geared up in a parasailing outfit w/o all the buttons secured and being flown into the air! I just pictured that right away! (hilarious you are)

2 Likes