My first Mirabelle de Nancy tarte

My mirabelle tree only gave me about 13 plums;

I also added two plums from the market. The majority of plums are my mirabelle de Nancy., Served warm and oh so good.,

28 Likes

My heavens, Mrs. G. That looks like the most delicious tart Imaginable!

4 Likes

Oh my, it really looks delicious!!:yum:

3 Likes

Mrs. G.,
That tart looked delish!!

Could you please post the recipe? My mirabelles are starting to come in. I could assign my right hand man to make a tart instead of jam.

7 Likes

Tart sounds better choice than jam. unfortunately I only have total of 5 Mirabelle thanks for the bunny pruned the branch in the spring

2 Likes

How’s the flavor of your mirabelles?
I’ve got yellow mirabelle which doesn’t taste much, those are mainly for cooking or baking.

2 Likes

Mine are mainly green-yellow too. The more reddish speckled mirabelle are ‘Metz’. They are excellent for fresh eating.

1 Like

I’ve probably posted the names before. I’m pretty sure I have de Metz and maybe Geneva or New York.

I left some really tall branches that are loaded. Surely there are at least 1000 mirabelles on the tree. They are just starting to soften. Hopefully they’ll be just right next weekend and i can prune off whole branches to harvest from the ground.

4 Likes

@mrsg47 would you share the recipe for that mouthwatering pie, pretty please? :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I did, it is in the Fruit in the Kitchen category. :blush:

2 Likes

That is the best looking desert I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Never try to copy a real cook’s work and then post pictures. Even with a detailed recipe my tarte just didn’t turn out very pretty but I must admit it was very good tasting. Thanks Mrsg.

5 Likes

It looks perfect. And tastes really good doesn’t it? Good for you! Euro plums are the way to go. Yours looks just fine. Mine wasn’t very pretty either, it is about the taste. Yayyyyyyy!

2 Likes