My Morning Cup Of Joe

Muddy,

I got drunk with the colors that my garden members offered so I gingerly sipped my Joe slower than my paces…

Tom

1 Like

@tomIL. Great presentation. The first thing I do in the morning is make a cup of coffee. The second thing is for me and the cup to tour my orchard. Bill

1 Like

Can’t do it. Just doesn’t work for me. I leave my proper cup of tea somewhere while I go get the pruners, wait, let me get my gloves, wait, I’ll bring my favorite weeder too while I’m at it, just this one, wait let me just harvest that before…and this…wait…where’s my tea…what’s that in my tea? :open_mouth:

7 Likes

JustAnne4,

Remember when some unfortunate ocean swimmers got brushes with the scary critters when they enter their domain, a gardener also entered the nature’s domain, even inside his/her backyard… :sweat_smile:

Tom

1 Like

That’s funny, I find myself doing the exact same thing on the weekends…albeit my view isn’t nearly as nice. I’ll go out and check the fruit trees, coffee is always cold by the time I’m done…yours kind of reminds me a little bit of Butchart Gardens…

Tom beautiful garden👍. I want to have a cup ofJoe in your garden

Great post. I do it every morning, even when its raining. It’s the best time of the day!

Whatever around us is already beautiful in its own way. Let’s enjoy what we already have…

Cheers…

1 Like

Tom,

Beautiful garden indeed. Love to see the whole backyard.

I have thought about growing kaffir lime in a pot for a few years. Will need to really buy one soon. The leaves are used in many Thai dishes.

Thank you to everyone for your compliments (of my photography skill - remember that the photographer never show his flaws and the flaws in his garden - :innocent:)

Mamuang,

I only know to pluck a few kaffir leaves for Thai’s tom yum soup and not know what else to use for. You can inject some ideas for the amature here…

:yum:

Tom

Oh Tom, what a lovely back yard! Man after my own heart!!! Nothing I love to do more in the morning that stroll through my garden with my cup of morning coffee!! I will have to post a few of my own pics this weekend :slight_smile: :hearts:

Thanks Patty. I’m looking forward to visit your garden…

Tom

Thanks Jeremy. Where’s the Butchart Gardens, may I ask?

Tom

Butchart Gardens is on Vancouver Island, in Victoria, BC. These pictures don’t do it justice…

Uploading…

2 Likes

Jeremy,

Now, that’s eye candies!

I’m sure it’s drop dead gorgeous or I would drop dead trying to maintain its beauty… :grinning:

Tom

OMG, my very favorite garden I’ve ever seen or been to. We used to go every spring when the roses were in bloom. I absolutely adored this garden as a child, and I swear this is where I got my love for roses from. That, and my grandfather’s award winning rose garden in Vancouver (which is why we went to the Butchart Gardens every year.) Thank you for sharing these photos, Jeremy! Brings back some very fond and old childhood memories!

Patty S.

I know. This was one of the highlights of our cruise. The last stop was in Victoria and we had two hours at the gardens…we could have spent at least 4…the sunken garden in the first picture is remarkable and the diversity of plants and flowers they have there is amazing…the climate is so temperate there that they’re even able to grow palm trees…

here are a few more pictures…

apologies @tomIL didn’t mean to hijack your thread.

1 Like

Tom,
Kaffir lime leaves are used as one of ingredients in many chili paste recipes.
Generally, you can toss freshly chopped leaves in dishes like Chicken or beef Prik King, Choo Chee or Panang. It adds distinct fragrance to those dishes.

1 Like

Jeremy,
The pictures are my inspiration to visit Victoria BC.

My couple acre orchard is out of sight behind a farmstead. Good thing, as it is full of weeds! Our yard at home is shady, plus the deer would obliterate a garden like yours in short order. I mostly have hand-crossed daylilies and some irises protected with electric wire and where no one but me sees them. Now, after seeing your showplace I feel guilty about the weeds, but am sick just now, so the weeds have a reprieve.