My pear collection

Wow! I’m happy you can grow all these pears.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Richard! I’m happy too, they should be great! :blush:

1 Like

Qual a variedade de pera com carne vermelha que considera de melhor qualidade?

Pear scions 2024: (41)

Alessia, Atlantic Queen, Ayers, Bella Di Giugno, Blake’s Pride, Crisp N Sweet, Dana Hovey, Direcreur Tisserand, Flemish Beauty, Fondante de Moulins Lille, Forelle, Gourmet, Green Jade, Harrow Delight, Honeysweet, Hong Yiungli, Jalousie de Fontenay, Jumbo, La Bearnaise, Lehou Grignon, Luscious, Magness, Merveille de Sisteron, Nova, Orange Mandarine, Orient, Potomac, Red Anjou, Red Modoc, Rescue, Rogue Red, Seigyoku, Seckel Giant, Shenandoah, Snij, Soledeo, Stacyville, Summercrisp, Sunrise, Taylor Gold, Warren.

2 Likes

I noticed that you picked Rocha on August 10. Do you refrigerate them prior to ripening? I’ve read that they are used as a winter pear but wonder if they will ripen earlier to good quality. I have a nice tree but it had a significant fire blight strike in 2022. I have a much smaller tree now!

You have a lot of varieties that I know nothing about.

1 Like

Hi. This summer was very dry and hot. We got 7 heat waves and a huge drought. All fruits matured very early. Usually rocha pear is picked on beginning of September. You can pick them more green and conserve them on cold or let them mature to eat on that time.

Luis are you looking for these varieties of pears??

1 Like

Hi. Im not looking for them, i will have this varieties to graft.

1 Like

Some pears sprouting…

3 Likes

Finaly i open my Deveci pear and it was a great surprize. It was a good juicy and sweet pice of fruit despite i pick her too early and stayed all this months on fruit bowl maturing.

7 Likes

Kieffer pear

6 Likes

It’s at the same stage as my ‘Hood’.

1 Like

That one i dont have and dont know…

Kieffer

4 Likes

Luis- Your pears are beautiful. You will love Magness when it finally fruits- one of the best. Consider adding Harvest Queen and Gorham, if you can find them. They are excellent, too.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Matt! I will look for them…

1 Like

Nimrod

4 Likes

Pears sprouting

5 Likes

Kieffer

3 Likes

Rocha

6 Likes