My potted fruit trees and garden in France

Here are the latest pics of my peaches, most are still fairly small a few are getting bigger much faster. The mirabelles are just starting to slowly turn yellow, and the lemons are growing the fastest. Only about 10 apples this year and they are taking their time. The tomatoes are outstanding!

19 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

What a dreamy garden :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very healthy trees and a beautiful sky you’ve got there Mrs G. You seem to be missing a fig though. Aren’t those popular in the south of France?

1 Like

Hi! Yes they are, by the truck loads. I think I am the only person here that does not YET own a fig or pomagrante (here they call the latter grenades). Tall Ah in pronunciation. Next year for the Fig. I have decided on the Violette de Bordeaux or one that is very famous that begins with an S. I hate to say this but figs grow like weeds here and the outdoor markets (this time of year till fall ) will have so many varieties to choose from, which is great to taste what you would like to grow. Same for the apricots. My cot will not bloom till next year, it went in late. In France you can buy 5 year old trees, which I did, (not getting younger!) so fruiting takes place far earlier than planting a whip or even a three year old. You can buy potted trees as old as you like. Amazing.

3 Likes

France sounds like a place for me. I’m such an impatient gardener. I’d rather just have an insta-tree! Please take more pictures of all these local fruit you’re enjoying. It makes me so jealous not being able to taste most of the things I grow before planting.

2 Likes

Come visit, I have plenty of room!

2 Likes

Very pretty! It’s different seeing everything in pots, but it all looks so cared for. Keep it up.

1 Like

Thanks, doesn’t look like work but it is amazing, due to heat, the watering and getting the soils right for citrus, v/s pomme, and stone fruit, oops and black currants. All take different soils. I have a ‘general’ stone fruit food, but a different food for tomatoes, citrus and apples. Watering during the summer is morning and night and adding soil. No spraying (amazing!).

2 Likes

Beautiful and bountiful. The varieties available to you and the growing condition you have is as good as any gardener could dream of!!!

1 Like

I want you to visit, so I can take you to see amazing fruit growing! The conditions are unbelievable; particularly after trying to grow fruit for 16 years in a very humid zone 7a in Newport,RI. To walk into nurseries, plant and home stores and not see shelves of pesticides was my first hint! Thanks Tippy!

1 Like