My "Romance series" cherries

John,I tried Romeo a few years ago in Battleground. It got canker and died in less than a year. I would love to hear how yours do -we really enjoy cherries.

I ordered my 6 Hazelnut trees from Burnt Ridge, and was very satisfied.

TFN

I noticed they have Marionberries for $8, but shipping is $22 for everything under $50. Not bad from the PNW, compared to other west coast nurseries like Trees of Antiquity or Bay Laurel.

Did you order anything from BR?

Burntridge has it too!

Thanks for that info, Drew. Since I already have an order with Burnt Ridge, I just added the Schisandra to it. You save me a lot of money.

Thanks, awesome, itā€™s a go. Iā€™m going to grab four of them. Not just yet, but before spring, in a few weeks, thanks very cool to hear. I too have been satisfied with mulberry rootstock I ordered from BR. It was darn near perfect and huge! I could graft on it right away. I ordered a couple of them.

I will in a few weeks. Four trees. I can add marion on my order. It should be less than 22 but might be as high as 20 depending on box size I can fit them in. My guess is postage from here will be around 12 bucks. I donā€™t mind, I ship stuff out all the time.

Cool and we have 2 people (including me) that were happy with previous orders, so all is good! My finders fee is not that much either :slight_smile:

I got 2 Jeffersons, a Theta, a Yamhill, a Dorris, and a Felix. All are doing great. Planted last spring. Where is the best place to get Carmine Jewels. I am looking for 10 + to make a hedge row. Size does not matter, price does.

TFN

I think Carmine Jewels are more for the North. You might just try one to start with.

1 Like

You are probably right, and I should start with just oneā€¦or twoā€¦lol. I think I will actually start small with the cherries. Hazelnuts arenā€™t usually grown here either, neither are citrus, but so far it is working. I eat more citrus than temperate fruit because of late freezes. I like to try strange things, you should see my wifeā€¦Did I say that outloud?..Lol

TFN

I would order from Dwarf Sour Cherry, Sour Cherries, Dwarf Sour Cherries for sale

2 Likes

I could send you a couple seedlings of u r interested, after ground thaws this spring.

Yeah not much choices, this is the best place to order the Canadian cherries. I also agree they may not work for you. I only have room for 4 hazelnut trees as other trees are going in too. I want this lot Iā€™m using as a testing zone for my breeding attempts. I donā€™t expect to score big, itā€™s just for fun as I really like to breed plants. I have 2 raspberry cultivars I developed for fun, now moving on to stone fruit, well peaches and pluots for now. I want to breed other stuff done the road too.

1 Like

I ordered 10 Juliets myself @Drew51 and I suspect that $180 will be well spent. My row of carmine Jewell have done fantastic here is zone 6a. Honeyberryusa is definitely a great way to go when you want a larger quantity.

2 Likes

I may check back with you in the spring. I have a low spot (cooler) that I want to try them in.

TFN

mine has full sun until 1pm then dappled shade and is growing well in a log raised bed i made for it. right next to my arctic hardy kiwis.

Ok, now you need to have a cherry fest every year! Yeah it should be great and good harvests, let us know in the future.

2 Likes

Itā€™s taken me a long time to commit to a row of Juliet but Iā€™m glad I did it finally. My row of carmine Jewell have been wonderful Carmine Jewell Cherry Yields increasing with age . This thread shows carmine Jewell in flower The prolific Carmine Jewell cherries. Many people rate Juliet as more productive than carmine Jewell!

2 Likes

Yes! How about the others? I may add one more

1 Like

Iā€™ve got 5 juliet cuttings rooted and growing in my closet. they are getting some kind of fungus on the leaves thoā€¦

1 Like

I would spray them with copper.

safe to use indoors? what spray name?