My small fruit tree orchard

My Da Jiao banana tree is finally pushing the flower bud! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

My three outside bananas (Helen’s hybrid, Thomson’s, and balbisiana) did not survive our record cold a few weeks ago (minus 9.5° C), so I’m very happy to see yours looking so healthy! Here are two of mine:

5 Likes

That was really cold! :cold_face:
We didn’t got a real cold weather yet… just two light frost nights and no negative temp yet. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My hardy orchid bed it’s almost done… 16 cypripediums planted!

4 Likes

:yum:

9 Likes

A gift from my friend Nelio… :grin::+1:

Two inga pods…

6 Likes

Inga pod opened

Inga pulp

8 Likes

5 Likes

Ice cream bean pulp is so good and unique! Have you noticed any difference in fruit quality year to year, or much variance in quality of fruits between different trees? Inga edulis, right?

2 Likes

Hi! This is not mine, it was a gift from a friend from Madeira island. I have a big inga vulpina tree that give small pods. The flavor of vulpina is diferent from this one. Vulpina is more floral and lemony sweet. This big pod flavor is more sweet and juicy.

2 Likes

Are those red fruits syzygium samarangense?? Where did you get the plants? Looking for those too :slight_smile:
I have 2 big syzygium jambos (the yellow fruit ones).
Also where did you get the big inga pods from? I was in Madeira this year and didnt see it anywhere ahah

2 Likes

Olá Carlos tudo bem? No, it’s not… infortunately! This is Syzygium paniculatum. The inga pods are from a friend in Madeira island. It’s the same from last year i sent you seeds…

2 Likes

Last year you sent me inga vulpina seeds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you shure? I thought it was this one…
But i have small plants from this one if you want.

1 Like

Sure, send me one please :slight_smile:
Hows you araca boi seeds??

1 Like

Ok. Araça boi seeds are well but not sprouting yet.

1 Like

Bacon avocado

6 Likes

Apple collection update: (48)

Arkansas Black, Black Oxford, Lolita, King David, 2 Yellow Transparent, Ghost, Brownless Russet, Worcester Pearmain, King of the Pippins, 2 Pink Lady Cripps, Fiesta, Rubinette, Rubinette Rosso, Pinova, Kids Orange Red, Red Falstaff, Royal Gala, Starking, Topaz, Orange Crisp, Grossa di Trento, Ashmead’s Kernel, Calville Blanc d’Hiver, Junami, Crimson Crisp, Opal, Modi, Renè, Zari, Kanzi, Ambrosia, Ladina, Golden Delicious, Honeycrisp, Idared, Merkur, Sirius, Barby, 2 Northern Spy, Kandil Sinap, Katy, Gravenstein, Karmijn de Sonnaville, Beauty of Bath…

2 Likes

I think you need to edit the title of your thread. :grin:

ps
If that’s your apple collection, did you put your red fleshed apples in the cherry collection?

2 Likes

LOL! It’s still small… high density fruit tree orchard… :rofl:
Call me crazy please… :crazy_face:

I don’t have cherry collection, just 3 cherry trees. I put my apple trees in the midle of olive trees and grape vines… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes