My small fruit tree orchard

11 Likes

Love all of these great pics @Luisport :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I tought people don’t like it much…

:wink:

3 Likes

I try and keep up with the posts and threads around here but sometimes I get overwhelmed and miss a lot of things :man_facepalming: :wink:

1 Like

No problem! I’m glad i have some friends here! :blush:

4 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Your mediterranean friend here is also jealously enjoying your posts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where are you? What country?
Thank’s! :smile:

1 Like

Tunisia. It’s already hot and dry this time of the year.

4 Likes

Pepino melon (Solanum muricatum) fruits…

6 Likes

Ha, but it’s great to grow, things like bananas, passionfruits, avocados, guavas and anonnacea… :grin:

3 Likes

I want to have papaya trees because i want to use it as fruit and vegetable… :blush:

1 Like

I’m trying to get there, the salt isn’t helping :slight_smile: Figs and olives are thriving.

2 Likes

LOL! Figs and olives are easy… i didn’t know you have salt problems… and citrus?

Citrus is also thriving up north, I’m in center where it starts to get a bit arid and salty, hence mangos aren’t happy either :smiley: The problem is more in the irrigation water rather than in the soil.

2 Likes

You make chemical correction to whater?

I’m all ears! I try to help with collected rain water when plants are really sensitive such as mangos but otherwise, they better adapt :smiley: During wet months everything thrives!

1 Like

What about doing hugulkulture and planting logs and trees under the citrus or near it underground to create reservoirs to hold the water from the wet season longer into the dry season. Can you do woodchips or mulches to conserve more water?

Im glad papaya leaves are good for stuff luis, It may be one of my least favorite fruits. For tropical fruit salad Its like the peanut diluting all the amazing walnuts hazelnuts and pecans.

3 Likes

Thank’s! Regarding papaya i know in Asia countries they use green fruits to cook like they do with green mangos. But i like the idea of using leaves and fruit… that’s great they do so well to us.

1 Like

My banana plant is not happy… very skiny leaves. :confused:

3 Likes