My small fruit tree orchard

6 Likes

Tamarillos

7 Likes

Those don’t look like the Jonagold I’ve seen. I’d expect at least some red striping.

2 Likes

Hi! This tree was planted on pot and on shadow… she didn’t take any direct sun…
But i think i buyed wrong labeled.

1 Like

My breakfast today… :yum::yum::yum:

9 Likes

I recognize that handwriting, Brad is a cool guy! But do you have friends at Alfândega? :smiley:

2 Likes

WOW! You nailed it! Yes, Brad is a great friend…
No i don’t have any friend in alfândega, but usualy i don’t have problems to get things from California… but this time he send it on 23th May and just arrived now, but the cuttings are very well! Impressive!

3 Likes

I’m happy for you, one even started rooting already!!! Don’t be disappointed if they take a very longtime to show any new growth, it’s just getting cold but it will happen. Rot is what you need to be worried the most at this point.

3 Likes

It’s not my first time with dragon fruit cuttings. I lost many some winters ago when they get very cold temp… now i plant them on more protected area…
Thank’s!

3 Likes

For the one time I thought I was growing something that you haven’t yet :smiley:

2 Likes

Well i don’t have dragon fruits yet… :grin:
I don’t have papaya, mangos, guavas, lychees… :wink:

2 Likes

A greenhouse may be required if you wanna go in that direction.

2 Likes

I will grow just what i can grow outside… i’m exploring the protected parts of my property to those less cold hardy species…

3 Likes

More fruit picking…

9 Likes

is 100kmh or 60 mph wind rare for you? We regularly get that and yearly get up to 100 mph or 160 kmh winds here. I also do not think i live in the windy part since i have been to wyoming :joy: and i would literally plant trees at a 45 degree angle there

2 Likes

LOL! Yes. Our climate is really good. It’s very rare we get a strong storm more than +130Km/h. Our max record wind gust is 180Km/h. On contrary in Azores they can get Cat1-2 hurricanes…

2 Likes

Yeah i never realized how calm weather you guys have comparitively.

At the top of the rockies we have recorded 200 mph / 320 kmh winds but in many parts of colorado you only get wind from one direction (minus microbursts and such) because of the mountains.

2 Likes

Geeezzz! That’s totaly crazy for me… Yes our weather is really great. We just can’t grow tropical species that can’t stand -1/-2C. The summer is very hot and dry…

1 Like

Torta with araça jam… :yum:

7 Likes

:blush:

4 Likes