My small fruit tree orchard

My Hostas! I love them! :blush:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Some big apricot and loquat that i harvested today…

12 Likes

My dioscorea alata bulbs are starting to sprout!

Purple alata

Indian alata from ebay

Alata from italian nursery and potato mint pots side by side

Oca (Oxalis tuberosa)

Dioscorea polystachya

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Great link about yam varieties of Jamaica :star_struck:

2 Likes

I want to get those too… :relaxed:

2 Likes

HEALTH BENEFITS OF PURPLE YAM: DIOSCOREA ALATA

MY EXOTIC SECRETS DIOSCOREA ALATA DARK NIGHT ST VINCENT PURPLE YAM PLATED|300x206I bet you didn’t know that the Dioscorea alata Dark Night St. Vincent yam was rich in riboflavin, vitamin B6, thiamine, vitamin A, niacin, magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, and Vitamin K. It also offers up zinc, protein and iron. One serving could provide up to 50% of your daily recommended consumption of fiber!

PROTECT YOUR BODY WITH PURPLE YAM

Consuming the dark night St. Vincent purple yam can help you counteract infections such as flu and colds and speeds up the healing process, immune function. It also helps you build stronger bones. In fact, members of the Asian community have been known to traditionally apply Dioscorea alata in a poultice to wounds to sooth and speed up the healing process. It has also been used as a holistic way of treating depression If that’s not a superfood, I don’t know what is!

MY EXOTIC SECRETS DIOSCOREA ALATA DARK NIGHT ST VINCENT PURPLE YAM HARVEST PLANT

That’s not all! Dioscorea alata Dark night St. Vincent purple yams are very rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants, on a whole, play an integral role in protecting us from the inside, building strong bodies and extending the years of long, healthy, enjoyable lives.

OF ANTIOXIDANTS & DIOSCOREA

MY EXOTIC SECRETS DIOSCOREA ALATA DARK NIGHT ST VINCENT PURPLE YAM LEAVES|300x241Antioxidants called anthocyanins -which dark night St. Vincent purple yams provide in abundance – are specifically linked to a range of health benefits. Purple yams can help you maintain a healthy urinary and respiratory system and the high manganese content increases your energy level and can positively impact not just your mood but your productivity.

According to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), previous research has linked anthocyanins to a wide variety of health claims, including increased longevity, cardiovascular health, cancer prevention and dementia. A study in the European Journal of Nutrition found it improved brain power in children between the ages of seven to ten years old. Additionally, the pace of converting the carbohydrates present in Dioscorea Alata into sugar is very sluggish which helps to curb the increase of blood sugar level in the human body and makes it a perfect food for diabetics to add to their diet.

5 Likes

Now regarding cold hardy avocados…

4 Likes

Stewart seedlings growing…

Sir prize seedlings

Bacon avocado small fruits

3 Likes

Orange sweet potatos

Molokai purple sweet potatos

4 Likes

Apricot Kioto

3 Likes

My new Ettinger avocado tree arrived today! It’s great! I’m very happy!
I will post pics tomorrow… :smiley:

3 Likes

Inga vulpina fruits…

So-Shang (Elaeagnus latifolia)

2 Likes

My new Ettinger avocado…

4 Likes

Araticum

Araçá-una (Psidium eugeniaefolia)

2 Likes

My Kioto apricot fruits

8 Likes