N-pHuric 15/49 irrigation acidifier

Anyone using N-pHuric 15/49 for pH control in irrigation water?

Blueberry planter

I picked up three 5-gallon containers yesterday. The supplier stocks it in 300-gallon palletized totes but has a license to distribute it in 5 and 55 gallon drums. Having done a little math and comparison with other growers in the area it appears that 1 gallon for every 5,000 gallons of municipal water will drop the pH from 7 to about 6. If that holds true then I’d use about one 55 gallon drum per year. I’ll be testing it from here into at least spring. The local cost is $3.50/gallon.

N-pHuric 15-49 label.pdf (283.8 KB)

Here goes the first application … one gallon each in the two left hand tanks and the remaining 3 gallons in an unseen tank to the right. :slight_smile:

N-pHuric application 2017-12-27

@Richard

Can this be used as a foliar spray to feed (nitrogen) and as a fungicide ( sulfur) to kill 2 birds

Mike

Interesting product I just found the data sheet here https://fluidfertilizer.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Richard-DeSousa-N-pHuric-Basics.pdf thankfully though I don’t have high pH or hard water here in western Louisiana, my well water has a pH of about 5.8 - 5.9 and calcium hardness of 60-70 ppm depending on time of year. I found the national map of water hardness ranges in the data sheet particularly informative.

I don’t have any experience with foliar sulfur as copper is a better choice in my region. The product is registered as a fungicide but I have not seen dosage information for foliar use. Perhaps someone can determine a dosage rate for foliar application of sulfuric acid.