Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

The same place your Hardired came from,Raintree Nursery.
Yes,the tree is only about 3 years,but so far,I’m happy. Brady
These photos are from 2014

1 Like

Do they have any flower buds?

@fruitnut, how’s your Nadia doing? Does it have any fruit?

Mine has one. It got too windy last week and they got knocked out.

I know there was talk earlier in the thread about grafting both cherries and plums to Nadia. For those of you that have tried it what can you report? Do any of the grafts appear to be taking? I know we can’t gather any long term data but just curious as to initial graft development.

1 Like

Yes, a few but not many.

I grafted a couple of pluots, an Asian plum, a pluerry and I plan to graft a couple of cherries on it. It is too early for me to say if they took.

3 Likes

This is the only fruit that is left on the tree.

3 Likes

Ulises, is that the tree that originally appeared to set well, or the one that didn’t?

This is the In ground tree, the one that produced a couple of flowers; and that I hand-pollinated with Emerald Emerald Drop pluot pollen.

It had a couple of fruits, but the winds knocked them out.

@Muddymess

we hope that anyone survives fruit and we can you talk about your taste

1 Like

I have kept up with your post and was hoping you would have several Nadia fruit to test out this year. Hope the one remaining survives to maturity.

2 Likes

I was expecting a good crop this year from my potted Nadia, but unfortunately, it went into shock.

1 Like

I hope that Nadia is not the next Bella Gold Peacotum.

So it’s not flowering either? I never had a cherry tree that produced in it’s first year.
Most didn’t start till the third year. Full production was 5 or 6 years. Maybe the plum in it will make it produce earlier. Possible pollination problems, or chill requirements are something to consider too.
I myself don’t expect anything for a few years.

1 Like

I was referring to pollination problems, as a couple of the OPs have reported a small crop set.

Hopefully, my two, maybe three—if the potted one survives— produce a good crop next year.

Well good luck with it. Thanks guys for all the reports.

1 Like

Here is my Nadia, It was planted almost 2 weeks ago as a bare root when it arrived. I hand pollinated the blossoms with Stella cherry pollen today. The other pluot/plum blossoms, that I could have used, have died off or are producing fruit. This probably will not work, on the other hand my Candy Heart has set fruit (see that thread & photos).

2 Likes

Hopefully, Raintree ships my friend’s and mine with flower buds.

Pictures of my Nadia as of today. Looking much better!!

5 Likes