Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

I’m thinking about harvesting one. It seems to have softened some. But my camera is acting up. Might have to settle for a brix and weight.

4 Likes

Just draw a really good picture :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Burpee was offering Nadias this year, and a couple of Local Nurseries had Nadias for sell.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that your standing next to the fruit enough that you don’t need the bag.

9 Likes

That made me laugh out loud. Haha

3 Likes

I take good care of her in the morning. And in the afternoon, she is alone as I have to go to work. I hope that the fruit police wont arrest me for leaving fruit unattended. (lol).

3 Likes

I would be doing the same. I was just joking around, hope you didn’t take it personal.

1 Like

We all do it, I look at my garden every day at ;least once, yesterday I worked all day in the garden and plan to today too.I have been super busy and I’m just catching up. The weeds were bad, some plant outs were done. Today I’m planting pole beans. I have some flowers to plant out, guess I’m not done planting out! I put in a Prime Ark Freedom Blackberry yesterday. Somewhere in the middle of my blackberry jungle.

3 Likes

My favorite thing to do when I get home from work is to check up on everything.

2 Likes

It’s alright, I didn’t take it personal.

1 Like

Hey Gary, that’s important info. I get way less chill hours than 450, so that might be a deal-breaker. How many years has your Nadia been in the ground?

Having just lost a peach tree to phytopthora root disease, I’ve got space for one more tree, if it’s on phytophthora-resistant rootstock. Watching this thread closely, can’t wait to hear what these taste like!

1 Like

I didn’t want to do this, but picked my Nadia today. The reason was that since this was the only fruit, I was afraid that someone might steal it from me. The brix was 15.

1 Like

2 Likes

Too bad you couldn’t keep it on the tree longer to ripen. Did you like the taste? How is it compares to the Pluerry?
Tony

2 Likes

Definately does not look ripe. You let that little devil on your shoulder talk you into doing something you shouldn’t have. Could you have put up wire fence around it to protect it?

4 Likes

I think it was four weeks away from been fully ripe. Compared two sweet treat pluerry at this stage of ripeness, I prefer Sweet Treat pluerry.

A wire fence would probably caught someone’s attention.

I will be removing the tree this Winter, and I will transplant it in the backyard.

Mine is being so slow to leaf out…the thing still only is showing a little bit of green of the shoots. Anyone else that got theirs late from Raintree have any shoots growing?