Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

This is what Nadia’s leaves look like:

1 Like

As stated above mine, short stem, is Raintree 2015

1 Like

I seen the title lettering on the image as Nadia, but your right it says it’s not in the small print.

1 Like

Mine are short-stem.

3 Likes

Where from?

He posted that picture on “Hybridizing stone fruits” thread.

2 Likes

Raintree Nursery. 2015.

1 Like

Vicent, post clear pictures of the leaves. They seem a little bit strange.

1 Like

My leaves look like yours, but my bark is grey. My tree is younger so maybe that’s why. My leaves are long and skinny. I got mine from Raintree 2016.

1 Like

@Vincent, this is what Nadias leaves look like.

3 Likes

I hate to say this but it tastes more like a purple-leaf plum tree plum. Those little tart purple cherry sized plums from purple leaf plum trees, fairly commonly grown. You will get a final answer from us as they fully ripen.

1 Like

@Vincent_8B @Bradybb is yours from a local nursery? And are both long stem? Same nursery?

1 Like

I will post new pictures as soon as getting home .

2 Likes

If I remember right,the tag had Biringer Nursery in Mt.Vernon,WA as the grower.Looking at their website,they do have that one in the inventory.I’ll try and contact them. Brady

1 Like

No, I don’t think so.
2 of my Nadia trees from 2 different nurseries both have long stems.

The Weatherman,
You can’t say for sure that your Nadia is the real Nadia. All you can say is your Nadia is the same tree @fruitnut has as you both bought them from the same place on the same year.

3 Likes

I will find all the tags and post pictures latter.

1 Like

Makes me.wonder if the long stemmed ones might be more cherry-like. They certainly look more like a cherry with the long stem.

2 Likes

This matter interests me a lot so I looked up the patent of Nadia.

From the black&white pic, the fruit has long stems. Then, reading further on the characteristics of fruit, it says the stalk (stem?) is 2 cm long. Also those who have Nadia fruit could compare your fruit with the description and see if yours are similar. It is not a round fruit, per the description.

https://www.google.com/patents/US20090044301.

1 Like

Vincent’s Nadia appears to fit the description of Nadia. If I were to bet, I would bet on his.

1 Like