Name this plum ( The answer: It's a Lemon Plum from Chile)

No problem, I am familiar with the nursery and plums (not growing) cause they released
Shark teeth Plums -  Ben Dor Fruits & Nurseries in Europe. The look of Shark Teeth plums is great but taste is not that impressive, even Ben Dor admitted that saying it needs more crossbreeding. The Plumogrenate should be much much better. Glad you like the Lemon ones…

I have two small Plumegranate seedlings.There is no telling what the fruit will be like.The leaves are odd,almost fuzzy,similar to European Plums.bb

2 Likes

Did you grow from the seeds of the fruits bought at the store? Could you please share any photos of seedlings ? Thanks!

Yes,they were from fruits bought at the store.After checking through my photos,none could be found.When leaves start growing,I’ll post some.bb

2 Likes

That’s great, looking forward to see it fruiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

These Plums were in my local grocery store’s produce section today.They look like the ones from Chile.
I bought some and will see how ripening affects the flavor.

4 Likes

I was just thinking we should be seeing those soon.

I planted a seed from the Lemon plum I was discussing a few years ago. It fruited this year but the fruit was small and not good. I’ll let one sit on the counter and see if the color chages color from yellow to red like the parent.

2 Likes

Now I know my plum name: Flavorosa Pluot.

1 Like