Need steam juicer recommendation

If you have one recently acquired and you like it - please let me know. There are many choices for sale now with price difference up to 2 times, not sure how to choose… I need it induction stove compatible though…

1 Like

I’d never heard of one until now. Depending what I’m juicing I use either the attachments made for our heavy-duty Kitchen Aid or our Champion reamer-juicer. I typically freeze the results.

Here’s how Wikipedia describes a steam juicer:

I used it a lot while back in Russia, we made apple juice, but it was aluminum, not stainless steel. It actually makes very good juice, and it comes out hot ready to be canned. I am thinking using it for seeded grapes and cherries (if I get them :grinning: )

1 Like

Did you end up purchasing a steam juicer? If so, would you mind sharing what model you went with?

I’m thinking about getting one to make some plum jelly. The wild plums are just loaded this year.

I bought a Victorio about four years ago that has done great. It is Chinese and stainless steel. I don’t doubt the stainless is thinner than the high price European steamers, but the Victorio should last a lifetime if you don’t bang it around and it performs well.

2 Likes

I just bought the cheaper one. I think it is Cook N Home. It works. I don’t have experience with the other brands but this one was recommended by another user. I did a bunch of muscadines with it this weekend.

Katy

3 Likes

I ended up buying this: Cook N Home NC-00256
Tried it once so far for sour cherries, works very good, just do not pay attention to sugar recommendation in the manual. I followed direction 200 g of sugar for 1 kg of sour fruit and ended up with light syrup instead of juice.

2 Likes

The more you use it The more you will be amazed at what it can do.

1 Like

I slaved over juicing blackberries last year…can’t wait to try them through this juicer. It truly is amazing…

Katy

1 Like