New here… Favorite topics?

If I lived by a desert I would grow stone fruit, (plums nectarines) and high end disease prone pears like comice and french and Italian cultivars like beurre series and moretinnis, ones I cant grow…

1 Like

I would highly recommend spending some time reviewing the reference section. Many of the questions asked could be answered by the content there. Much of it is a “101” in growing as well as a few good lists of places to buy supplies and plants.

2 Likes

I guess to each his own. I always found the fruit and veggie growing topics tremendously helpful, and even inspiring, but I liked getting to know the members here on a more personal level too. I love the off topic discussions in the lounge and even enjoyed the controversial stuff in the other sub forum that got shut down. I guess that’s not what this forum is here for, and I understand, I just think it’s a shame people can’t debate or discuss things, have different opinions, yet agree to dissagree. We might not solve the world’s problems, but we can refine our own understanding by answering questions and challenges.

My opinion…the reason most people don’t like that…they aren’t even sure of themselves. You cannot reason with someone about ideas unless they have…reasons for why they believe something or hold a particular position.
If you have been pursuaded to a position by the logical merits of an idea, you stand a chance of pursuading others. If on the other hand your reasons are emotional, and empathetic, you may fail in changing someone and just feel bad because they don’t agree.

I say…if you can’t beat 'em join 'em has some merit…especially to those willing to learn and change.

Just my two cents worth.

3 Likes

@Freebirdmikes

Welcome to the forum! Like so many have said the forum is great for anything fruit and garden related. When you determine your interests the search feature is great. To bring up categories your interested in search by using keywords.

@joleneakamama

We tried the controversial topics and i agree they don’t work on this forum.

1 Like

What could be controversial about fruit growing? No one is saying lower fruit taxes or inject my peaches with a covid shot. You have peaked my interest. Off to the lounge

2 Likes

@Noddykitty

Usually the topics come up in the lounge and are not at all related to fruit or gardens.