New Ruby Supreme Guava

Organza bags?Those mostly block some insects and probably won’t work for animals.

2 Likes

Found this thread looking for advice on my Ruby Supreme. It’s 2-3 years old (Logees) and I can’t seem to get it to fruit. Last winter, I got a blossom indoors in a sunny window (I live in Boston and overwinter inside), but it dropped. Nothing new has come in this spring/summer so far, though there is a bit of slow vegetative growth, despite lots of rain and heat. Is this a sign of needing fertilizer? How does pruning affect fruiting?

Are yall growing the guava in a heated greenhouse? I am in zone 7 (fluctuates between A and B, Richmond VA…can get to the teens on rare occasions but mostly not that cold) do you think i can keep it in an unheated garage? Thank you!

Mine barely survived the winter in my heated greenhouse (winter low in the mid-upper 30s but most nights in the low 40s), the one I brought in my house to be a winter houseplant did much better. I think you’d need to at least put a heating pad under the pot or something if you want it to survive in an unheated garage.