New to forum. Just wanting to say hello

Hello all. My name is Edward and my ID is ‘efletche’. I have spent a couple years on the various fig forums. I never heard of this forum until someone posted it in their item summary on the new auction site, BidNGrow.com. I live in Central Florida about 25 miles south of Daytona Beach. My goal is to turn my small yard into a food forest. Many of the plants I will be growing will be from seeds or cuttings that can be rooted. I am also starting my hand at grafting, but I have not had much luck in this yet.

I am eager to read all the topics here and I will be asking lots of questions to increase my knowledge base. I hope they are not all stupid questions, but if I don’t ask, I’ll never learn anything. At any rate I want to thank you for letting me join this forum. - Ed

21 Likes

Hey Ed welcome. This place is loaded with info and searches are a touch better the fig site we all know.

1 Like

Welcome to the site! A food forest sounds amazing!

1 Like

Welcome Ed to your new addiction! great, knowledgable, helpful people on here. i have a food forest i started on my wife 3/4 acre lawn 5 years ago. i have over 50 various fruit trees/ bushes , medicinal and edible ground covers. I’m still working on it but most of my bigger trees and bushes are established. if you got any questions feel free to ask. also for more on the permaculture aspect, permies.com has great ideas on ways to set up your food forest. also some pretty helpful folks on there as well.

Welcome Edward!

Welcome to the site, Edward! :slight_smile: This site has really great info about growing fruit. I think you will enjoy your time here. :slight_smile:

Welcome Ed!

Many great people here willing to share knowledge and experiences.

Thank you and thanks for the link.

Thank you all for the warm greetings. I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hello :wave:

Yes, a back-yard homesteader!

2 Likes

Hello. Ellie and I are New as well. We aren’t great at these types of things but hope to find our way around. Learn A lot and share some along the way.

2 Likes

Welcome Ed and Ellie! There is a lot to learn here.

1 Like

We are excited to join the forum. We made the decision to leap into retirement in the spring and hope to turn our hobby into our main food source.

2 Likes

That’s great! You’ll find a few others here are moving in the same direction. I am trying to supplement but realistically with a tiny lot I’ll need to find more land to get there.

When were younger and moving for work we use to do a lot of planting in planters so we could transport them with us. We still start most of our vegetables and some produce this way in the winter and move it to the garden in the spring.

1 Like