OHxF97 fruit?

I planted a bunch of OHxF97 pear rootstock. Was considering not grafting a couple of them. Does anyone know what the fruit is like if I let the rootstock grow un-grafted? Was on able to find this anywhere but am sure someone on here knows. THANKS

1 Like

I have some that are pretty big but no fruit yet. And I’ve been wondering the same thing.

I have OHxF 333 with spurs, so I was wondering the same. I found a pdf, Microsatellite Marker Fingerprinting Reveals Paternity Predicament in Pear Rootstocks, with the following description:

All OH×F clones produce fruit that is somewhat similar in size, shape and color (Fig. 4) with crisp, juicy texture and sweet sprightly flavor; although, they differ in maturity dates.

Some pictures (Fig. 4):

1 Like

It’s hard to say, Corvallis has not posted about the fruit of that root stock, some of the fruit on some of the OHxF root stocks are dry or bland. Only one way to find out. yet keep in mind one of the strengths of the OHxF root stocks is that the flowers of the root stocks do not form, because they are usually used as root stock, not for it’s fruit.