Orange tree habaneros

It’s been five years since I have grown it. So I was hoping the seeds were still good. I planted two both took. I like this pepper as it grows very tall. Currently it’s about four feet tall with the first peppers forming.

Last time I didn’t but I think I’ll try to overwinter indoors. It becomes woody with time around six feet tall.
I’m also growing the fish pepper this year. About the only hot peppers I grow. Black Pearl is another but not this year.

5 Likes

I’ve overwintered a Habanada, two years running, and it’s back in-ground in the garden, with two big Trinidad Perfumes and a Nadapeno that also were overwintered indoors last winter.

3 Likes

I have overwintered before. It’s been awhile since I did it though. I have two of the orange tree Habs growing. Both are developing a first round of peppers and flowers Galore on top.

I love the tree like growth of this plant. Like having a pepper tree. Usually growing to six feet or taller.

1 Like

Ok so I brought the two trees indoors. What I do is leave them outside as long as possible. The cold puts them in a semi-dormant state. I remove all fruit. Unlike those wishing to grow and produce indoors. All I want is to get through winter with as little growth as possible. So I barely water and don’t feed. In the spring I’ll eventually get plants in full sun. I’ll post progress as time passes.
Here they are today. About a month to go before I start transitioning to being outside. I’ll trim off weak growth when I can get them outside and start shuffling them in and out.