Orchard ladder recomendations?

Doesn’t exist I’n our low population density country. I can mail order them, drive 100’s of km or I’m SOL.

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to find a Hasegawa within 150 miles of my house. Almost gave up and drove to Chicago. A few places I called weren’t shipping them freight either since they had problems with ladders being damaged in transit.

I finally called the local siteone landscape supply store near my house. They didn’t have the ladder in stock either but shipped it to themselves. Was able to pick up a 6 and 10 foot ladder from them this way without the extra shipping charge.

3 Likes

I searched for quite some time for a new aluminum orchard ladder locally and on line. Prices were rediculous because of shipping. Since I live in a fruit belt along the south shore of Lake Ontario I started searching for used ones in auction listings and Craig List, facebook, etc.
Finally scored 4 ladders in one sale spring of 2022. Got a 10’, two 9’ and a 5’ from a guy giving up growing fruit. I love them. One of the best investments I ever made. I grew up using the old fashioned wooden ones. These are so nice to use. Even being a small guy at 82 I easily can carry two of the long ones around at the same time. Very stable and safe.

3 Likes