Peach Party

We had our first Peach Party on Saturday. Partied with Red Haven.

Planning for a bigger party for July 4 with Red Haven, Fire Prince and a few Winblo.

Raised prices slightly this year to round numbers like $10, $15 and $30 which seems to be working.

21 Likes

Nice looking produces

1 Like

So how many peaches does it take for $2k?

Here is a picture of the other side of the farmstand on party day:

8 Likes

What great photos. And what a beautiful “farmstand”!!! Is your sales “store” in the basement of your home or a stand alone building or what? So beautiful. Also, what kind of apples do you have that are already coming in?

3 Likes

We built the 20X24 foot building the the mid 80’s and remodeled it a few years ago.

Those are Pristine apples in the picture. Unfortunately, its not a popular item so we will remove the trees.
We learned he hard way that few folks are interested in cooking apples. Fortunately, they love good peaches!

2 Likes

Not surprising that most people don’t cook apples…but I sure do. And those fried apples at Cracker Barrel are my favorite side dish… I’d love to see the outside of your building! You may have posted it before and I missed it. I was also curious about your question of how many peaches it takes to get $2k? Is that how much you spent on orchard costs or equipment or something this year?

Hi Cityman

Thank you for the complements!

I love fried apples too.

The retail value of the peaches in both of the pictures is almost $2K. About 800 pounds

It took about 5 hours to pick them, 5 hours to grade and bag them and 5 hours to sell them.

When we remodeled the farm stand we decorated it with some antique stuff we collected over the years. My favorite collectible is a handmade apple barrel from the 20’s on the porch. Don’t think a single customer understands that apples were packed in barrels before they were packed on boxes.

Here is a picture of the outside of the building. Storage and packing materials are on the secoDSC_0742 nd floor and the walk in cooler is on the right hand side

6 Likes

Holy cow that is beautiful. The building, the background, the well manicured flower garden, etc. That looks like a post card.