Persimmon mother load

WOW. That is incredible. Is the Rich Tooie on its own roots or is it a graft?

1 Like

@ansayre … on its own roots.

It is a wild dv here in southern TN… some have said it may be a 90c persimmon instead of a 60c.

Where my sisters home is… it used to be a cow pasture… and they built a subdivision there 30 years ago… these wild dv are in a full sun location on her yard and i expect they were just wild trees origionally in that pasture.

She has two in her yard and one more behind her garage they are nice mature trees that produce loads of delicious fruit.

I grafted scions of rich tooie onto some of my wild dv rootstock here this spring. Hopefully in a few years… . I have some here.

Rich Tooie is a nice sized persimmon for a wild here…larger than average.

I will collect some scionwood late January and will have that for trade if anyone is interested.

I am going to graft one more here at my place…

4 Likes

amazing

1 Like

Those trees have some age on them. They are super good because of the full sun. How much seed do they have in them?

1 Like

@Robert … they average 5-7 seeds per fruit.

I have supplied several hundred to others on the board that asked… in trades.

The first person i traded with asked that they be shipped fresh in pulp. Research had led him to believe you get better germination with fresh seeds vs dried.

I saved the seeds from the fruit i ate last night in pulp in a ziplock bag in the fridge… just in case someone wanted them.

I will have to check my trade list… think i have already promised some to someone.

2 Likes

Second trip to my sisters today for more rich tooie persimmons.

Got a big bowl full of these…

Man that tree is loaded… and several dropped while I was there… but many are still quite firm and have a way to go before ripe.

This is what they look like just before I eat them.

:wink:

If anyone else needs seeds… I should have a few hundred over the next week. Would like to trade seeds for H63A or Journey Hybrid scion… Pristine apple or clarks crab scion… AU cherry plum scion… any of those.

Thanks
TNHunter

4 Likes

Hi,

Do you still have those persimmon seeds?
Would you trade for a scions of the jujube tree (Lee or Lang)?

Thank you.

1 Like

@TNHunter

Those look good!

@adammar … sorry no seeds left at this point. Next fall I will offer more seeds from her trees… as long as there is fruit.

@clarkinks – they are good.

Thanks

1 Like

@TNHunter

Can’t wait to try them!