Persimmon u-pick

I am looking for persimmon u-pick near me (NE Ohio) for 2023. Any suggestions? I saw a posting for u-pick in NC but can’t find it now.

1 Like

You can pick these in central ohio. There are 5 fruiting in this location 2 of which have already dropped the majority and the remaining 3 are still ripening.

4 Likes

Great! Thanks! I will go next weekend.

1 Like

Awesome, enjoy! This the North Chadwick arboretum. The Chadwick arboretum is a minute down the road and may have more as well.

Also expect traffic if it’s an OSU home game day when you go

1 Like

Jujube, thanks ever so much! Heavy winds on Saturday brought a few down. The majority are hanging tight and rock hard. Maybe after they freeze a few times they will soften. Interesting how much variation there is in drop times.

2 Likes

thanks for pointing me to north chadwick. I went a couple of times. I also found that there is an interactive map of osu:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=469e31b4b4b0484d9f20234b28b7ab5e

2 Likes

I went to chadwick today. The one tree was so overloaded that the top broke out.

3 Likes

Definitely some mature and heavy crops! Most still aren’t ready yet! I’ll be revisiting soon myself. I have many seedlings started from these trees :grin: