Pink flowering plant

Does anyone knows what plants or shrubs are flowering now pink flowers on the east coast? Thanks

East cost where? On our “east cost” only “flowering” color is white now. But it is a lot of it :grin:

1 Like

Northern east coast! Thanks

Where did you see something flowering? We have a foot of snow on the ground…

1 Like

Lol , some woman that works with my wife she was asking about it. Just trying to find out what it could be. Thanks

Fake flowers. Many people decorate with them for winter :wink:. But generally, some late roses can go under snow with blooms, though I wouldn’t call it flowering - the frost hits them hard and they do not look appealing. Also, if she saw it in a store, it could be even potted azalea, forced to bloom or moms.

She said that she bought those plants while back and she went back home for Thanksgiving somewhere up north from Virginia and that’s when she noticed the flowers and she wanted to know what are they. Just trying to help her out to find out what they could be. Thanks

Oh, if it is Virginia, it could be probably many things. It is much warmer there. Rose of Sharon may be?

Could be, thanks @galinas

I dunno where you are but many Rhododendrons have a winter bloom on the coast

2 Likes

Thanks Richard

1 Like

Witch Hazel are in bloom in the winter. Yellow flowers but have burgundy colored bracts.

1 Like

She said they ware more like a small plant not a exactly like a shrub. But thanks for chive in!

Its probably not rhododendrons as they are very distinct but they definitely have a bunch of dwarf varieties and many people prune them to hydrangea size. The winter blooms are much less showy and many can look like a rose style flower.

Camellias? Without a good description or a photo, that’s my best guess.

2 Likes

Wegelia

Rose of Sharon

Azalea

There are lots…

some lilacs even bloom pink

Scott

For now I would consider heathers and heaths… (sorry just re-read the OP)

1 Like

Maybe Lenten Rose? Some tough little plants that bloom in cold weather, later in Winter possibly.

1 Like

Thank you all for chive in and helping out trying to identify this plant!

Have a great day!

I have seen some modern KnockOut Roses (planted against buildings) here in VA that have kept pretty pink/red flowers despite our several dips into the low 20’s.

1 Like