Pink Icing Blueberry with Powdery Mildew

Against my better judgement, earlier this year I purchased a Pink Icing Blueberry plant from Amazon and it arrived with powdery mildew all over the leaves and stems as shown below.

I contacted the seller and received no response and there was no option to return the plant for a refund. I proceeded to remove all the leaves and treat the plant with a copper fungicide for a few weeks which appeared to resolve the issue.

My area has had a very wet spring and now weeks later the plant is again showing powdery mildew on the leaves and stems. Is there a solution so that I can take care of the powdery mildew permanently without discarding the plant or exposing my other plants to powdery mildew? I’m honestly stressed about the situation because the fungicide appeared to resolve the issue before. I reapplied the fungicide and it appears to help a bit but it still shows and the recommendation for application is only once a week. I would appreciate any helpful tips or suggestions. I’m about ready to throw the plant and potting soil away for my sanity and take the loss.

Pm is a pain but you can handle it fairly easy with some baking soda, h20 and a drop or two of dawn or dishsoap in a spray bottle.

2 Likes

Thank you. I gave this a shot yesterday and will update in about a week to let you know how it worked.

1 Like

Great Robert. Sometimes I’ll get it here on my fig leaves. After 2 or 3 treatments they seem good. The pm doesn’t like the ph.

1 Like

Worked like a charm. It hasn’t come back after one treatment. May make another treatment this week just to be safe. Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s great to see Robert! Hope you get some good berries soon.

2 Likes