Pink lemonade blueberry

Has anyone tasted a pink lemonade before? Are they sweet like a regular blueberry?

I couldn’t resist their beautiful color, so I bought one today! Any tips on how to take care of this jewel?

1 Like

I’ve had one for a couple years.They are sweet and somewhat tangy,but to me don’t have a deep Blueberry flavor.Very good though.
I think they have some albino traits in them and found if the container is rotated every few days,so that the fruit can be exposed to sunlight on all sides as much as possible,they will develop better color.Otherwise,some berries could have a lighter tint.I’m not sure if this does affect the taste.
The second photo doesn’t show it really well,but some berries one side’s color is light pink to almost white. Brady

1 Like

Man I have wanted one! Seems like a decent amount of berries too.
I have 7 blueberry plants, and just cannot fit anymore, oh well. Well maybe I could…:slight_smile:

Raz is another I would like to get.

2 Likes

I just had my 1st pink lemonade berry from a little plant which is not that old and the berries are not that tasty (bland) so I don’t know if they might taste better as the bush gets older?

1 Like

I didn’t have any pink lemonade blueberries this year due to a late frost that zapped all my flowers, but I am very impressed with pink lemonade thus far. It is almost entirely trouble-free, a set-it-and-forget-it plant. The foliage is gorgeous, a light green, and the leaves turn red/orange in the fall. If I was into edible landscaping, the pink lemonade blueberry would make an excellent hedge.

3 Likes

How is the taste compared to a blue berry?

1 Like

I’ve grown it for few years, its more of a novelty than anything else. It will be the next one that gets shovel.

2 Likes

I like the taste of my Pink Lemonade, but its much different from the other blueberries. I don’t think they taste like a blueberry, but the taste is pleasing.

Its not a very pretty berry in my location where the stem side of the fruit never gets pink. For some reason it attracts more stink bugs than the other blueberries.

3 Likes

We now have Pink Popcorn too, which is a northern all the way. I hesitated to try Pink Lemonade because of it’s RE heritage. Just not a good fit for here. I picked up a Pink Popcorn last year, it failed to thrive and passed. I tried again this year, looking much better and is growing.No fruit till maybe next year. It’s small, and if it survives the winter. It’s supposed to be super hardy to zone 3.

3 Likes

my pink lemonade never, never. gets pink like the product photos, they must use reflective material under the bush, its a pain to pick as well because determining ripeness can be an issue.

3 Likes

We grow Pink Lemonade. It is very yummy. I’m not good at describing flavors, but it is a little lighter tasting than other blueberries but still distinctive. It is a hit with kids at our small U-pick and a novelty at farmers market. However, it is not a great commercial variety because many of the berries are very small and very interspersed in thick foliage so it takes longer to pick and the overall volume per plant is lower. I’m glad we grow it though because it is a unique flavor, but glad we don’t have too many.

4 Likes

I have two plants but have never eaten one… and this year won’t be the year either. The weird weather this spring totally wiped out my crop. My Powder Blue and O’neal somehow managed to crop despite the weather…

2 Likes

We started picking our Pink Lemonade this week and I thought you might like to see some. You will notice they aren’t quite as pink as the promotional photos, but still pinkish and tasty.

9 Likes