Planting heartnuts. any tips/tricks?

I just received 2 bareroot heartnut cultivars from Grimo. a Grimo 89 and a Grimo 94. planning to plant them in 5 foot plantera tree protectors I received with the trees, and just my standard planting method of adding mykos to the hole and mulching with wood chips. Grimo recommends bone meal being added to the hole so I’ll do that as well. I always water in with some fish emulsion to prevent transplant shock. planning to plant the 2 cultivars 9-12 meters apart as recommended by Grimo

I read that Zinc sulfate is used to prevent witches broom but takes several years after application to become nutrient available. should I add some around the drip line under the mulch when planting?

I used the zinc when mine got the broom. I put it down, cut out all the brooms, and next year everything was fine. I’m west of DC from you and the broom is kind of rare for this area. It’s mostly a southern disease. Heartnuts are the best walnut IMO. They grow super fast and fruit fast as well with no growing aids. You will be happy with that purchase.