Please use the forum's flag feature

There have been a few conflicts recently that got a bit out of hand. There is a forum feature to help to nip any such things in the bud: the flag feature. In the current settings, if any two (senior) users flag a post it will be hidden until the moderators can look at it. So, for you senior members, please view yourself as a moderator. The default for # of flags to hide is higher, I think it is 3, and that amount may change in the future, but for now it is set at two. Only the admins we see that you flagged a post, other users will not know.

… Back to fruit!

3 Likes

Thanks Scott, I like that feature. And couldn’t agree more, back to fruit!

2 Likes

Yes scott. Good idea and good feature. I didn’t realize it even existed.

1 Like

It’s something I’ve been aware of for most of my time here since reading the explanation of how Discourse functions. It’s something I personally reserve for use only when a post is a clear violation of the TOS, which means I rarely hit the flag button. I figure that even if a post rubs me the wrong way, as long as it isn’t out of bounds according to the Terms of Service, I’d rather give the poster the benefit of doubt.

Muddy, your description sounds about right in terms of when it should be used: we don’t want to be Thought Police at every turn, but some things are getting too inflammatory or personal and should be flagged.

1 Like

Thanks, Scott, this sounds like a good plan to me :slight_smile: