Pluerry Vs Very Cheery Plum at the market

I think the two fruits are the same. Can you tell which one is my Pluerry. The left or the Right? Just take a guess.

Tony

5 Likes

Your pluerry is on the right. They are really similar, never thought of that

1 Like

The left one is my Pluerry. They both tasted the same.

Tony

3 Likes

Is the Pluerry,Sweet Treat? Brady

1 Like

Yes,

1 Like

Very interesting fact. I know a lot of people were amazed by the taste of verry cherry plums, not so much with sweet treat pluerries. What an irony if they were the same, they certainly look alike. Good eye, thanks

1 Like

While they may look the same, Verry cherry plums are a: cherry x ( plum x cherry) cross and it’s patented as “Sweet Pixie,” PP23211. While Sweet Treat Pluerry is a plum x cherry x peach x apricot hybrid. PP23796.

Nonetheless, my favorite is Verry cherry plum.

5 Likes

Base on your information Verry Cherry Plum should perform really well in Pacific Northwest maritime weather areas because they are no apricot and peach in them .
How can 4 varieties cherry, plum, peach, apricot crossed the same time?

1 Like

Patience. According to one article, it took the Zaigers 50 years to develop sweet treat pluerry.

They originated the seed parent from a cross between plums, cherry, and apricot, or cherry x ((plum x (plum x apricot)).

And the pollen parent originated from tri-lite peachplum crossed with a plum. Tri-lite peachplum parentage is peach x ( plum x peach), this equates to plum x ((peach x (plum x peach)).

2 Likes

Verry cherry plum is 75% cherry, 25% plum, or cherry x (plum x cherry).

2 Likes

Do you know who created Verry Cherry Plum? Was it original from Israel ? And now most of them planted in central California?

The Zaigers created verry cherry plum. This variety is only grown in California.

2 Likes

Why Zaigers does not like Verry Cherry available to fruit growers as all others fruit trees from them ? Thank you so much for information Ulises.

1 Like

The flavor tree company bought the rights of verry cherry plum. That’s why it’s not available to other growers.

4 Likes