Plum leaves

Hey just wondering if anyone can identify the issue with my plum leaves. Had some black aphids earlier in the year and kept them fairly well sprayed of

f

Was anything applied to the tree,like pesticide or fungicide,with the leaves on?

No I sprayed the aphids off with some soapy water a couple times and they went away… then a few weeks later they looked like this. However I have some smaller ones I grew from seed in the back yard and they have the same damage and I never sprayed anything on them. Did the same to some apples I grafted and they have zero damage. The pictures plums are prunus Americana

Looks like the tender tissue between the veins was chewed off by a crawly.

1 Like

Johann may be right.There is something called the Basswood Leafminer,which causes damage to leaves,similar as that,in your pictures.It may not be the one,possibly a caterpillar or other insect.
Here is a link,to some photos,of Japanese Beetles and Basswood Leafminers.

1 Like

Also,the Pear and Cherry slug,while preferring those tree types,will go after Plum trees.Very similar looking leaf damage.

1 Like

So it’s a pest and not a disease you guys think?

1 Like

I have different question on my plum leaves, I thought it was aphids as I have found them on others but this looks more like peach leaf curl! Any ideas, first pic is native Wild Goose, next one is a Chickasaw graft on another limb of same tree
Dennis
Kent, wa

1 Like

I also in the last few weeks have a few leaves on my Nadia plum, sweet treat, and candy heart develop what looks like peach leaf curl. Exactly like it. Dennis, thanks for making me not think I am crazy.

I also have seen similar issues on some of my plum trees. I assumed it was aphids causing it. Luckily I have a good number of ladybugs around this years, so the aphids are nowhere near as bad as last year.