Plumerias -- all kinds and colors!

I’ll bet the usual amount that we have a lot of plumeria growers on this site :slight_smile: . I’ll kick it off with this:

12 Likes

I am still looking for a red one, have one with the most common color. Can only grow one more, no room in storage for the winter month.

Great fragrance. I grew white and pink in Maine on a south facing windowsill. Lasted about 3 years. Fell in love with them at the Mauna Kea in the late 70’s. Found sticks of them for sale at the Philadelphia Flower show.

1 Like

These “peppermints” are just getting started

3 Likes

Please post buckets of pics of these fabulous flowers so those of us on the East Coast can swoon! Oh the fragrance! And the flowers last so long!

3 Likes

Here’s a few of mine. I have about 15 different ones
California sunset, Divine and Thornton lemon

8 Likes

I’m not knowledgeable about flowers and never heard of these, but WOW what a beautiful work of art they are. That yellow one is breathtaking!

They are everywhere in Maui. I liked the fragrance.

Tony

1 Like

These grow outside in OK? Wow!

Beautiful!!!

A couple more for @mrsg47

2 Likes

Thank you do much, they are so special.

1 Like

They sure do for about 8 months. A few of them I directly plant in the ground to I just dig them up for fall and winter. I store them in my garage and they never get below mid-50’s. Just sit there leafless until spring.

2 Likes

Lucky you!

Good plan!

Ours are outdoors in 10 gal. pots and 20 gal. tubs year-round. In the Fall when overnight temperatures get into the high 40’s they go deciduous. That long cool Spring we all had delayed their leaf-out and blooming by at least 6 weeks.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much, they are spectacular!!!i can smell them from here!

1 Like

Are plumerias easy to keep alive in pots? I used to live in Hawaii and now I moved come to the east coast, and wanted a plant or two on my deck in the summer or at the very least in the greenhouse (when I have one). Can I treat them like a fig and keep them in the basement over the winter?

And, where the heck can I buy one online that’s a decent size to begin with?

What caused them to die? Did they flower indoors in low light? Can they be kept inside year round or must they be outside in the summer?

For someone with gardening skills, yes.

Yes. I don’t but know of several people who do. Be aware that they are very sensitive to root rot.

The weight, size, and fragile nature of a moderate size plumeria makes them expensive to ship. Hence they are in low demand.

2 Likes

Over pampering and watering. :cry:

2 Likes