Pomegranates with twisty leaves

I’ve noticed some leaf irregularities on some of my pomegranates and am wondering if it might be mites or some type of disease. I don’t see anything when I look. Basically some of the leaves grow with a twist with the edges seeming to curl in a thin roll. I don’t see it on the vigorous new shoots, but on the leaves on older leaves and a few around flowers. I’ve also had trouble last year with the pom fruit rotting from the calyx back as discussed in some other threads, which seems to be a common issue for some growers here in hot humid sections on the east coast.

This is an example:

And here are a few near some buds:

Any thoughts on what this is and how, or even if, I should treat it. Neem oil? Serenade? This happened last year as well and It doesn’t noticeably effect the growth, at least that I can tell. The poms are growing in containers on my asphalt driveway.

I think they are bugs of some kind. Maybe mites?

I had the same exact thing happen to my poms last year for the first time ever. Ended up with no fruit. Don’t see it this year.

Hmm, hope it doesn’t get the fruit since I have a lot of blossoms. Did yours drop, rot or we there just no flowers?

Also did you try anything to treat the plants?
Thanks.

I didn’t have many flowers last year, I blamed it on the curly leaves. I didn’t really treat it with anything because I wasn’t sure what was causing it. Based on the pictures in that link, it looks like it is some kind of leaf sucking insect, probably really hard to see with the eye. I don’t think it would hurt to spray it. I don’t have a recommendation though on the kind of spray that would work for the mites.