Positive ID of fruit

As anyone that spends much time here knows, many trees are mislabeled and even those of us with the best intentions can accidentally loose a tag or get scions crossed. I have some fruit trees producing this year and would like to start a thread to positively identify them here so I can add an asterisk to them on my fruited list of available scion. Let’s start with this one. Supposed to be Ayers pear, this is fruitlets so it may take more info as they mature but here goes

1 Like

Can i see a photo of the leaves? We will know for sure pretty soon those fruitlets are good ones and will make a crop.

1 Like

Let me see if I have one on my phone, I’m not at home. I will say they are very red in comparison to other European fruitlets I have this year.

I don’t know if that’s a good enough photo, if not I will post more tomorrow @clarkinks. This one is suspect as the scion was from a tree that came from a big box store

1 Like

The red color does not necessarily mean anything when it comes to identitity that is our environment influencing the pears color in some cases. This is ayers

Note the bronze color on juvenile leaves. There are certainly enough things im seeing that says look harder at this one. Note the leaves of clara frijs (shown below) are strikingly different shape etc… as an example

1 Like

More photos to come…

1 Like

More photos of “Ayers”

1 Like

I also planted Ayers two years ago. No fruit yet. The trunk on your Ayers is very dark compared to mine. Just an observation…

1 Like

Fruit continue to grow