Possible new jujube variety?

Maybe a Topeka? I never knew much about that variety.

4 Likes

@Bhawkins I am hoping it is a nice unique seedling, but you never know. :wink:
Interesting @tonyOmahaz5 that most Li & Lang were grafted back then. I hope it proves unique!!
It will be exciting to evaluate the fruit this fall!!

2 Likes

Could well be something new!

2 Likes

I’m not good at identifying jujube fruit varieties since most of my trees are young. This pic is kind of blurry and hard to see, but this is what the fruit looks like.image

7 Likes

These look very large and attractive, like beautiful apples.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t thank him for the Jerusalem artichokes yet! Once you plant, grow, harvest and eat them you’ll see why. LOL…I think they’re fun to feed to family and easy to grow so i grow them every year too.

2 Likes

I had one tree set fruit this year after planting this spring. I picked some about 3 weeks ago when they were just about completely brown. I was not impressed at all with flavor or texture. However I went back a few days ago and picked the rest and they were pretty good, texture a little dry, but very sweet.

These are the first time I have tried jujubes. I wouldn’t eat one over a juicy peach or pear, but they are definitely unique/different. I also had a honey jar jujube tree that put on about 30 fruit this year. Honey jars were about 1/2 the size of these, both about equal in sweetness, but honey jars had a little more juice to them.

4 Likes