Purple Forest Guava - Psidium eugeniaefolia

Fruitlets

5 Likes

I have this one… in Brazil the call it araçá una… :blush:

3 Likes

Nice, has yours fruited? …if so, have you found it tasty or useful?

2 Likes

I also have Cas Guava - Psidium friedrichsthalianum flowering for the first time.

2 Likes

Hi! This one i didn’t taste yet but this year my small tree is full of flowers… but i’m shure it’s very usefull because in terms of nutrition is very very rich! I have more araçá varieties like araçá do campo and araçá roxo, besides the usual yellow and red… I love araçás! Yummy! :yum:

2 Likes

My araçá roxo is like this one, almost black big and sweet! The true araçá una is smaler and more tart…

3 Likes

The leaves are very similar.

1 Like

Yes, leaves are allways the same except on my araçá do campo that is almost heart shape. The true araçá una the fruits are round and on my araçá roxo they are a bit pear shape, not totaly round. I have photos on my thread…

2 Likes

Ah, so that is Psidium guineense… i’ve heard good things about that one!

1 Like

Some feijoa, araça do campo, araça roxo and tamarillo…

4 Likes

Yes i love them! They are very good! :yum:

Psidium guineense looks a lot like Lemon Guava - Psidium cattleianum var lucidum

Loaded this year

3 Likes

My araçá do campo is PSIDIUM LONGIPETIOLATUM. Is very rare. The leaves are heart shape. I love them, they have a lemony sweet taste and produce a lot!
https://www.colecionandofrutas.org/psidiumlongipetiolatum.htm

3 Likes

What part of cali you from?

3 Likes

Beautiful healthy plant! That is Psidium longipetiolatum? Am I mistaken in seeing new emerging leaves as red? Looks like I need to find me some araçá do campo seeds and add another Psidium to my collection!
I have one called Arrayan - Psidium sartorianum which has not flowered yet… it is said to have a tart, lemony but pleasant flavor. I was hoping it would flower and fruit this season but no luck yet.

2 Likes

Hi! Yes the new leaves are red/copper colour…

1 Like

My Purple Forest Guavas are distinctly pear shaped…

3 Likes

Hi, the search for ‘psidium friedrichsthalianum’ let me here. I have this Costa Rican Guava tree that is not fruiting. The tree is growing good, ~7years, is flowering a lot, but then the flowers just dry and fall off. I was wondering if there is a reason or story behind this. The tree is with many other fruiting Guava trees in SoCal inland. Thanks, Kay

3 Likes

Araça Una

1 Like