Queen Garnet plum

For those who want to know Queen Garnet’s plum parentage, according to its patent, pp19630, it originated from Black Amber plum x unknown pollen.

Yeah, yeah, it’s a healthy “superfood”. Whatever. It’s a fresh fruit. As was said above, how does it taste??? Considering how long it took Nadia to get here, I’m not holding my breath. And I’m not going to get excited until someone starts comparing it to the Flavor King.

250,000 Queen Garnet trees planted in Australia. Who here is from Australia? It would be nice to get some seeds.

Well even if you get seeds it will be a new variety. I read somewhere they tried to cross it with other varieties to duplicate the high antioxidants level as in QGP but with no luck. I don’t think it will be available for home growers anytime soon.

I expect that these fruits in some time are going to be exported worldwide

All these stories about QG sound to me like a marketing ploy.

Even if QG plum has twice as much antioxidants as Satsuma (which I doubt very much), eat two tree-ripe perfectly juicy Satsuma plums and imagine you ate one QG plum. :wink:

6 Likes

You are right stan, do not think that plum is so important, there are several hectares of this variety planted in northern Spain evaluating whether really worth working with this variety and the moment they see not clear, do not decide, you have to have a problem.

on the other hand can not think of reproducing by seed (that does not work well and the result is different from their parents), one thing is the vegetative propagation (grafting or in vitro where the child is 100%) and another is the multiplication free where genetics will give us a different individual who does not have to resemble the father (you look at their children and tell me if you are accurate, the answer is no, there is still no real cloning)

January is a hottest month of the year in Australia it’s a lot like a July here in the USA. So I am guessing around July is when they’d be on the shelves in the USA, then again maybe they could be imported to the USA from a country like Chile, if they could grow there. I wonder how disease resistant it is.

1 Like