Quick way to dice peppers and slice apples

Anyone have a food processor that can dice peppers in say about 1 inch for dehydrating or maybe slice would work? Would it work with slicing apples for dehydrating too? Can’t seem to find information on that anywhere. Any recommendations?
Since I have a lot, I’d like to take as much prep time out as I can. Was doing it by hand but that’s a long time to fill up one dehydrator.

My ( most) food processor ( a Hamilton beech) with the slicer disk will make quick work of peppers.
The fastest way I have found to slice ,peel ,core ,apples for drying is my " best apple peeler ever.

2 Likes

@Hillbillyhort how big of chunks do you get on your food processor? Or is it slices, and how big are those?

Slices are ~3/16 inch thick.
And you can more or less shove a whole pepper in ,.
So pepper rings ( slices)
They would dry well. And make quick work of it.

Get a good mandolin.

1 Like

Mine is something like this.https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-70725A-FBA_70725-Processor/dp/B00KHLN7K2
A " cheep" (. ? ) one.
But I have run a ton of stuff through it

Thanks everyone it gave me some great ideas. I’m tired of cutting by hand that’s old.

…and be damned careful with it, if you value your fingertips.

There are some other apple peeler/slicer recommendations here:

I’ve been looking for a good apple slicer for a long time. I wanted to give a shout out to my kids who just got me this attachment for my KitchenAid mixer. It’s awesome. I think it would be especially helpful for preparing large quantities for drying. It doesn’t waste one iota of apple. Of a large apple the only thing left is a tiny mushroom of stem and end.

3 Likes