Raintree's new fruit salad tree

Raintre Nursery has a new cocktail tree listed on their website. I already ordered one.

“Fruit Cocktail(F/PG/HR/S/IT/L)/St Julian A
Gardeners love to talk about the soul soothing value of fruit growing. However, the value of shocking your friends and neighbors with your hobby is too often overlooked in literature. Imagine one tree that grows Frost Peach, Puget Gold Apricot, Hardired Nectarine, Stella Cherry, Italian Prune and Lapins Cherry! It is on a prunica interstem which makes it possible to have cherries on the same tree as the others.”

2 Likes

What supposed to be a “prunica” interstem ?

1 Like

Good luck with that one! lol

1 Like

Probably a new interstem?

Where any of your Cherry on Nadia grafts successful? The interstem could be simply a Nadia

DWN has a Citation to cherry interstem. They’ve sold those trees for yrs. So that interstem, whatever it is, is a more likely candidate than Nadia.

2 Likes

Zee Stem on Citation
Allows cherry growers to use appropriate peach/plum/almond rootstocks for the planting location, precocious and dwarfing when used with Citation rootstock. Improves fruit quality

1 Like

Here it is.

4 Likes

How low is that bottom graft?

My guess is that you will need to make sure everything grows in balance with each other, Summer pruning. I had a 3 in one peach, the weaker slower graft eventually died off. I hope that you grow it in a larger pot over time.Good luck with it!

frankenfruit. :grinning:

1 Like

Being in a container,at least that will make it easier to point the smallest graft to the sunny side. Brady

1 Like