Red Raspberry Nectarine



I’m really impressed. I think they are delicious and simple to grow (they look a heck of a lot better then the rest of the peaches that i have growing). Size isn’t great, but who cares…the seeds are small.

10 Likes

And they’re gone. Something stripped the tree last night. Ugh… A branch was broken too… Oh well… We’ll get more next year.

anyone have updates on this variety? very scant info on this forum

I have a few seedlings from the tree growing (they put on a ton of growth this summer) but no fruit this year on any of them because last winter was pretty rough. With El Nino coming we might see a crop next year

My tree has been inground for 2 years

The deer have browsed it a lot

But the fruit was amazing this year on such a young tree. Like raspberries and a peach together: perfect

Liz’s late, freckle face and this guy are my favorite

If anyone growing this cultivar has some spare seeds this year, I would be curious about discussing a trade a couple for some scionwood later this winter or something for them.

I ordered the tree, but it will be a bit it think till I get seed

I ordered some budwood from Slate Hill for grafting. Hopefully it took and will get fruit in 1-2 years.

I thought this was a red fleshed nectarine (sort of like the Indian free peach). Looks like there is some red in the flesh

Yes red flesh. They vary based on climate and weather on how red it gets much like Indian free

1 Like

The correct name is Raspberry Red.

my tree gave me a few fruit this year and they’re great