Road trip 20171114

Brought back 1/2 bushel of Goldrush and a smaller bag of Pink Lady

I also found a few other places

Amicalola Fall

25 Likes

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Love the Pink Ladies. I haven’t tried the Goldrush yet.

1 Like

Even though I’ve got some I’d definitely grab more goldrush😆

1 Like

You had yourself a fun time!

The Pink Ladies around here are at their peak. Beautiful crisp tart sweet delicious apples.

1 Like

very nice…quick search shows that’s up in Ellijay. about 7 hours north of me through Atlanta…as much as I’d enjoy going the prospect of travelling through Atlanta is dreadful…(no offense to any Atlanta residents)…hah

1 Like

Hey that’s my neighborhood

2 Likes

Is no one else going to comment about the PEACH CIDER! :slight_smile: That really got my attention and sounds wonderful. I wonder if it is just some peach flavoring added to apple cider (not as exciting) or is it actually cider made from peaches? If it is the latter, then I’m very exited about it…any chance you tried it or know anything about it, Bill?

4 Likes

I think they are slushies, not sure why they put “cider” on it. What really caught my eye there was they also had muscadine slushy. I would love to try one of those!

1 Like

If I had known about all the interest in the cider I would have tested all of them. The only one I tried was the muscadine and it was pretty much just an average slushie.

Sorry but I didn’t try it.

At another orchard in that area .Mercier I have tried both the Muscadine and Peach Ciders and been kind of disappointed as a good peach is possibly my favorite fruit and the complex flavors in some muscadine rank real high on my list as well, but that complexity seems to been lost in the cider I tasted. I prefer a good unfiltered apple cider to either.

2 Likes

Looks like a great place to visit with some excellent prices for Apples as well.

1 Like

How are the GR and PL? Any nice yellow GR?

1 Like

Both are very good. The GR was good when I got them. After a few days in the refrigerator they were even better. I wonder how much better tasting an apple can be.

I had a good trip and the excelllent price for top quality apples made the trip even better.

It was about a four hour drive for me. I tried to make the long drive more than going to the orchard.