Road trip to Crow Mountain Orchard (North Alabama)

I purchased 1/2 bushel of Pink Lady and a smaller bag of Mutsu.

002 Pink Lady

IMG_20171027_120308 text plus

13 Likes

Looks like a fun trip. I visited a few north georgia orchards a couple weeks ago. Goldrush, at least the yellow ones, were mind blowing and by far the best apple i had out of probably 10 varieties i tried. Green ones were decent but not great. Unfortunately 95% were green. Pink lady were way under-ripe yet. I liked stayman a lot although they were close to getting mealy. They had great balance and kind of cidery. Crimson crisp were very good too. It was fun trying so many diffetent ones.

3 Likes

I bagged a few of the apples for my grands (Correction actual pick date was 20171027).

1 Like

Nice trip! That is one muscled-up Tin Man they’ve got there.

2 Likes

Nice pictures. I have been thinking about going myself. They have been selling Crow Mtn apples at 80 cents a pound at our local grocery. So far I’ve been eating their golden delicious, pink lady, mcintosh, and jonathan. All good. It ain’t fancy but the golden delicious are my favorites.

2 Likes

Crow Mountain Orchard didn’t have Goldrush. One of my daughters lives slightly northwest of Atlanta. I might make a road trip with the grands to those orchards in north Georgia. Which one did you get the Goldrush from?

BJ Reece has the GR. $17 for a half bushel. That seemed really cheap to me for over 20 lb of appes. They had no GR in 1/2 bushels but got me that size when I asked. Mercier orchard had none but said they like to let them ripen up good and woud have them in another week or two.

1 Like

Thanks